Samsung Galaxy S5 has a great hardware and amazing features which make it a great device between the other phones but some of these features aren’t interested for some user and for stopping this features or adding a new one you will need root access, now you can root your Samsung galaxy S5 on the latest Android KitKat and Lollipop.
Rooting your phone will allow you to uninstall all Samsung bloatware applications and feel better performance.
In this tutorial we will learn you how to step by step root galaxy S5 SM-G900F easily by using Cf-Auto-Root method without losing any data or applications, you just need to carefully read and follow all the steps.
- Backup your data, incase this process corrupt your files.
- Download and install Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile USB driver.
- Download and unzip CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip file only for SM-G900F.
How to root galaxy S5 SM-G900F [CF-Auto-Root] :
- Run Odin3 as administrator.
- Click on PDA button, browse your computer for the extracted file “CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar”.
- Restart your galaxy S5 into download mode (Home + Power + Volume down), then Volume up button to continue.
- Connect your phone to PC and wait until Odin detect your phone (Odin should display Added in Odin’s message box and show something in ID:COM).
- Click on start and wait a few seconds.
- When Odin display “PASS”, your phone will restart, you can disconnect your phone from PC.
- On your phone, you will see a red Android logo and after a few seconds your phone will reboot.
- After your phone boot up, you should now have SuperSU on your phone’s App drawer.
- Open SuperSU, it will detect Samsung KNOX, hit OK to disable KNOX.
Now your galaxy S5 is fully rooted, to confirm that, install “Root Checker” App from Google Play store and check root.
- Make sure you choose the correct file for your device’s model number.
- We don’t have any responsibility if you brick your phone, use it at your own risk.
- Rooting will void your phone’s warranty.
- This method and files only for SM-G900F model number.
- Credit : chanfire (CF-Auto-Root homepage), SM-G900F main thread.
- CF-Auto-Root method will trip your phone’s CURRENT BINARY and KNOX WARRANTY VOID.