Samsung Galaxy S4 3G/LTE GT-I9500/GT-I9505 has recently upgraded to the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat, which bring more features and better performance.
In this guide we will learn you how to root your galaxy S4 3G or 4G easily by using Cf-Auto-Root method without losing any files or applications, all what you need is to read this post carefully and follow all the steps.
- Backup your data, incase this process corrupt your files.
- Download and install Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile USB driver.
- Download and unzip Cf-Auto-Root file for GT-I9500
Cf-Auto-Root file for GT-I9505.
How to root galaxy S4 I9500/I9505 [CF-Auto-Root] :
- Open Odin3 as administrator
- Click on PDA button, browse your computer for :
“CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5″ file for GT-I9500
“CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5″ file for GT-I9505.
- Restart your phone in download mode (Home + Power + Volume down), then Volume up button to continue.
- Connect your phone to PC and wait until Odin detect your phone (Odin should display Added in Odin’s message box).
- Click on start and wait a few seconds.
- When Odin display “PASS”, your galaxy S4 will restart, you can disconnect your phone from PC.
- On your S4, you will see a red Android logo and after a few seconds your phone will reboot.
- You should now have SuperSU on your phone App drawer.
If SuperSU does not appear, go to Google Play and install it.
- Go to Google Play and update SuperSU App.
- Open SuperSU, it will detect Samsung KNOX, hit OK to disable KNOX.
Now your galaxy S4 is rooted, to confirm that, install “Root Checker” App from Google Play store and check root.
- Make sure you choose the correct file for your device’s model number.
- We don’t have any responsibility if you brick your phone, use it at your own risk.
- Rooting will void your phone’s warranty.
- CF-Auto-Root method will trip your phone’s CURRENT BINARY and KNOX WARRANTY VOID.