It seems that Samsung has added on Android 4.4.2 update for the galaxy S4, some hidden icon and features of the galaxy S5 on KitKat update.
One of this features is the galaxy S5 new look of the status bar, quick Settings Buttons in quick panel and Active applications.
You can get galaxy S5 status bar and its look on your Samsung galaxy S4 by following this guide.
- Rooted galaxy S4 running on stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat update.
- Installed ES File Explorer or any root files explorer app.
- Open “ES File Explorer” and press on the top left icon.
- Go to Tool > Root Explorer > Mount R/W
- Change “Path /” and “/system” from RO to RW
- Go to Local > / Device > system > and open build.prop file as text in “ES Note Editor”.
- Find :
- Change it to :
- To :
- Save the changes to build.prop file and Reboot your phone, and the changes on your phone.
This is the look that you will have after rebooting your device.
- Backup all your data before starting this process
- Backup build.prop file, to restore it if something goes wrong.
- Follow the steps carefully
- Use it at your own risk
- You can try this also for galaxy note 3 and all Samsung galaxy devices running stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Source : 1