Camera lock screen shortcut is one of the new features of the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the galaxy S4, which make it easier to launch apps (camera and other apps) from lock screen directly without needing to unlock it.
But on the latest official update for the LTE GT-I9505, we have found that this feature is missing in lock screen settings.
In this post we will learn you how to fix it
- Rooted Samsung galaxy S4 running the latest android 4.4.2 KitKat update.
- Installed ES File Manager or any root files explorer app.
- Open “ES File Explorer” and press on the top left icon.
- Go to Tool > Root Explorer > Mount R/W
- Change “Path /” and “/system” from RO to RW
- Go to Local > / Device > system > csc
- Search customers.xml and rename it to customers.xml.bak
- Reboot your phone.
- Go to Settings > My device > Lock screen > Shortcuts
- You can choose between Camera shortcut or Custom shortcuts.If you choose Camera, it will display only the camera shortcut.If you choose Custom, it will display multiple shortcut at the bottom of the lock screen.and you are done.