Samsung galaxy S4 carriers are preparing their devices to update it to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat, and today T-Mobile push Android 4.4.4 update to the galaxy S4 “M919UVUFNH7” Baseband which will not bring less new feature to the S4, it just bring the changes of Android 4.4.4 and Wi-Fi calling enhancements.
If you would like to update T-Mobile galaxy S4 to android 4.4.4 KitKat “M919UVUFNH7” by OTA, your phone must be :
- Running on M919UVUFNB4 or M919UVUEMK2
- Not rooted
- Connected to internet connection.
- Have enough space for the update (403 MB).
- Charged (more than 50%).
Go to Settings > More > About device > Software update then hit Update to start downloading “M919UVUFNH7” Baseband.
If your phone was rooted or running on a custom ROM follow the following steps to get Android 4.4.4 “M919UVUFNH7” Baseband
- Installed Samsung Kies or Samsung USB driver for mobile phone.
- “M919UVUFNH7” firmware file.
- Computer and USB cable
- Download and extract odin3 and firmware file.
- Open Odin3 as administrator
- Click on PDA to load the extracted firmware file.md5.tar.
- Turn your phone then put it into download mode (Home + Power + Volume down), then Volume up button to continue.
- Connect your phone to PC and wait until Odin detect your phone (Odin should display Added in Odin’s message box).
- Don’t change anything else in Odin3 option.
- Hit start and wait a few minutes until Odin finish flashing and display “PASS”.
If you have any problem after flashing, boot in recovery mode (Home + Power + Volume up), then wipe data/factory reset.
- Updating via Odin3 or OTA will cancel your phone warranty but it will cancel the root if your phone was rooted
- Both method of updating will not delete your data but if your galaxy S4 was running on custom ROM it will wipe the data.