Sprint Samsung galaxy S3 “SPH-L710” was the first variant which receive the 4.4.2 KitKat “L710SPRCND8” before any other variant of the S3.
This update brings the main features of Android 4.4.2 KitKat to the S3 ex: white notification bar, better ram management, lock screen camera shortcut, smooth and faster than jelly bean update.
Before starting :
- Make sure your phone is charged at least 30%
- Backup your important files because you might need to wipe data/factory reset after updating to KitKat
- Sprint “SPH-L710” galaxy S3
- Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware file
- Installed Samsung Kies or Samsung USB driver
- Windows PC and USB cable
How to upgrade sprint galaxy S3 “SPH-L710” to 4.4.2 KitKat :
- Extract Odin3 and firmware file.
- Open Odin3 as administrator
- Click on PDA button, browse your computer for the firmware file “L710VPUCND8_L710SPRCND8_L710VPUCND8_HOME.tar.md5“
- Put your phone in download mode (Home + Power + Volume down), then Volume up button to continue.
- Connect your phone to PC and wait until Odin detect your phone (Odin should display Added in Odin’s message box).
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click on start and wait a few minutes until Odin finish flashing and display “PASS”.
- If you have any problem after flashing, boot in recovery mode (Home + Power + Volume up), then wipe data/factory reset.
Updating to 4.4.2 KitKat will :
- Not delete your data
- Not void the warranty
- Cancel root if your phone was rooted
- Work for both rooted and non rooted devices