This guide will be about how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using the well known cf auto root method by chainfire which will NOT wipe any data or applications, it will inject root files to your device by flashing a small file ~25 MB to your device model using odin3 easily in few minutes.
- Charged Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device at least 30%
- The specific cf auto root file for your device model (CF-Auto-Root homepage).
- Installed Samsung mobile USB driver or Samsung Kies software.
- Windows PC and USB cable.
- Exit the antivirus software and Samsung Kies if it was running in background.
- Unzip Cf-Auto-Root file you will have 2 important files Odin3-vx.x.exe and CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5.
- Run Odin3 as administrator then click PDA button and browse your files to select the extracted CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5.
- Turn off your device to put it into download mode Press and hold VolDown+Home+Power. A warning Screen will come up, press Volup to continue, or using adb cmd.
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Plugin your Galaxy Note 4 to PC using USB cable and wait until you see a sign in ID:COM box
- Click the Start button and wait a few seconds then your device will reboot by itself 2 times then the phone will boot into Android.
- Use that guide at your own risk.
- Before starting to do anything backup your important files.
- CF-Auto-Root method will increases your flash counter and trips the KNOX warranty flag!
- To check your device model number go to Settings > About device > Model number.
- You can use cf auto root for more model number of the Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F, SM-N910G, SM-N910H, SM-N910T, SM-N910W8, SM-N910C, SM-N910U, SM-N910K, SM-N910L, SM-N910S, SM-N9100, SM-N9106W, SM-N9108V, SM-N9109W, …).
- This way of rooting is working only for unlocked bootloader models.
- Rooting will void your warranty.