Since the past couple of hours SamMobile has released a test build of Android 4.4.2 KitKat (I9505XXUFNAD) update to the LTE galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
We will learn you how to root galaxy S4 GT-I9505 on the leaked firmware build (I9505XXUFNAD) or any other kitkat build by installing custom recovery using odin3 without losing any data.
- Backup your data, incase this process corrupt your files
- Download and install Samsung USB mobile driver or Kies
- Download and unzip Odin3
- Download and unzip the recovery file
- Download Update-SuperSU file
Installing custom recovery for galaxy S4 GT-I9505 :
- Send Update-SuperSU.zip file to any folder of the internal storage
- Open Odin3 v3.07 as administrator
- Click on PDA and add recovery.tar file
- Make sure re-partition and Auto Restart are NOT ticked.
- Restart your phone in download mode (Home + Power + Volume down), then Volume up button.
- Connect your phone to PC and wait until you get a sign in Odin
- Click start and wait a few minutes.
Disconnect your phone and unplug/plugin the battery
ROOTing galaxy S4 GT-I9505 by custom recovery :
- Start your phone in recovery mode (Home + Power + Volume up) buttons.
- In recovery mode Choose install zip > Choose from /sdcard > 0/ > navigate to Update-SuperSU.zip file > Yes
- Reboot your phone and open SuperSU app to disable KNOX.
Enjoy Root !
To verify the root process, install a root checker test app from Play store.
- Don’t disconnect your phone while installing recovery file.
- Flashing custom recovery will trip binary and KNOX counter.
- You can also root your phone by using this guide on any android version.
- Use this guide at your OWN risk, We are not responsible if you brick your phone.