The Galaxy Note II has received Android 4.4.2 KitKat update yesterday, The software version of KitKat update is L900VPUBNE2.
This update will bring some new features such as camera shortcut and full-screen album artwork on the lockscreen, white status bar icons, default application settings, wireless printing, expanded emoji, and better performance.
In this post we will show you how to manually upgrade your Sprint Galaxy Note II to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat L900VPUBNE2 update without wiping data or anything.
- Backup your data
- Charge your phone more than 30%.
- Sprint Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900) running on stock MK4 software version to check your current software version, go to : Settings > About device.
Flash this file after exacting by Odin3 if your phone isn’t running on MK4
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update file mirror.
- External SDcard
- Download the KitKat OTA update zip file
- Put the downloaded file on the external SDcard it will not work if you put it in the internal storage.
- Rename that file to update.zip or something easy to find.
- Power off your Note II then boot it into stock recovery press and hold volume up, home, and power button till the screen turns on and you see Samsung logo.
- Navigate to apply update from external sdcard by using volume key and select by power key.
- Navigate to update.zip and hit power button to start installing your phone should take a few minutes to finish and after that your note 2 will reboot automatically.
To check your current system version go to : System > About device, you will see that your Sprint Galaxy Note II is running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat L900VPUBNE2 update
– To apply writing on ext sdcard after updating to KitKat, Check this : How to Fix ExtSdCard Issue on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
– If you have a problem with WiFi after updating to KitKat, Check this : How to Fix Wi-Fi Issue on Android 4.4.2 KitKat