AT&T released Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337), Users can download this update now via OTA. The update will bring a new user interface look and will improve your device performance.
Unfortunately if you apply that update to your rooted AT&T galaxy S4 you will lose the root and won’t be able to have root access on Lollipop.
Don’t worry its not the end, there is a trick for updating your rooted galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) to Lollipop without losing root access, and we will show you how to keep root AT&T galaxy S4 on Android 5.0 Lollipop “I337UCUGOC3” update.
Requirements for this process:
- Rooted AT&T galaxy S4 (i337) on Android KitKat.
- FlashFire App.
- I337 [OC3] stock rooted Lollipop Firmware file, Mirror.
- Make sure your device battery level isn’t less than 30%.
- Download “I337_OC3_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip” file to ext-sdcard or internal storage.
- Launch FlashFire App, Grant, then accept Terms and Conditions.
- Press to display Actions menu.
- Choose Flash Zip or OTA, then navigate to select “I337_OC3_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip” file.
- Make certain that Auto-mount is not selected, then hit the checkmark to continue.
- Press for the last time to choose Wipe.
- Select all options except “Internal storage” then tap the checkmark to continue.
- Arrange actions on the main menu of FlashFire App to the following order, rearrange by tapping and holding the actions:
⇒ Flash ZIP or OTA
- Finally Press Flash then Ok to start the flashing.
Be Patient the first time after flashing stock partitions file, your device will take a little bit longer time than usual.
Once your device reboot, you will find SuperSu App installed, to confirm you have root access download “Root Checker” App.
Now I can tell you, Congratulation you keep root and update AT&T galaxy S4 (i337) to Android 5.0 Lollipop