Before few days T-Mobile has released Android 5.1.1 Lollipop to Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T) and Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925T) the update bring few new features to your device and better performance.
If you apply that update to your Galaxy S6 edge you will not be able to root it or flash any custom recovery as usual on Android 5.0.2 due to the new security system protection which will bootloop your phone if you tried to write on system partition.
This post will be a tutorial on how to install TWRP recovery and root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge on Android 5.1.1.
- T-Mobile Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925T) on Android 5.1.1 update.
- TWRP recovery and Kernel Odin3 flashable file, credits @Aou xda.
- Odin3 windows flashing tool.
- Installed Samsung USB driver installed on your PC and USB cable.
- This stuff will void your device’s warranty.
- This will not wipe your data but creating a backup is recommended.
- We have no responsibility if your brick your device, so please use it at your own risk.
- If your device stuck into bootloop reflash Android 5.1.1 stock firmware.
- Download TWRP recovery, kernel and Odin3 to your computer then extract the both using any extracting tool.
- Double click Odin3 v3.10.6.exe.
- Click AP button to load the downloaded “G925T_UniKernel-TWRP.tar.md5″ file.
- Enable OEM unlocking, Developer option > OEM unlocking.
- Turn off your phone then put it into download/odin mode.
- Plugin your phone to PC via the original USB cable.
- If you have USB driver installed on your computer you will see Added!! in Log box and the ID:COM box will turn blue. If not please reinstall Samsung USB driver.
- Click the Start button and wait few seconds.
- Once finished your device will reboot and Odin3 will display PASS!.
Once booted you will find SuperSU application installed on your device if not download and install it from Google play store, check the root status by installed Root Checker App.
Check if TWRP recovery is installed or not by booting into recovery mode, boot into download and recovery mode via ADB cmds.
Now everything is OK you have installed TWRP custom recovery and root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 edge on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update.