After Samsung has released the official update for Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 KitKat, we have started to prepare our Galaxy S4 for updating it to latest version of Android, but Samsung doesn’t release the official update yet.
Instead of it we have a test firmware of the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat (I9505XXUFNAD) for the international LTE version of the galaxy S4.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update brings some changes and improvement :
- UI changes in status bar icons (like nexus 5)
- Better performance and RAM management.
- Wireless printing
- New emojis support for Samsung’s keyboard.
- Setting shortcuts on lock screen for quick access
- Choice between messaging app and Hangouts for SMS,MMS
- Changing default launchers under settings, and more.
This leaked firmware can be flashed by Odin3, but we advice you to wait until Samsung release the official update of Android 4.2.2 KitKat.
Model : GT-I9505
Country : Open Europe
Version : Android 4.4.2
Change list : 481100
Build date : Tue, 28 Jan 2014 22:02:19 +0000
Product Code : OXX
PDA : I9505XXUFNAD
CSC : I9505OXXFNA2
MODEM : I9505XXUFNAD
If you can’t wait the official update and would like to try I9505XXUFNAD firmware, follow the following instructions.
- Backup your data because This test firmware will wipe all your internal storage.
- Download and extract the firmware file and Odin3 v3.09.
- Open Odin3 v3.09 as administrator
- Click on AP and add “AP_I9505XXUFNAD_481100_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5″.
- Click on BL and add “BL_I9505XXUFNAD_481100_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5″.
- Click on CP and add CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Click on CSC and add “CSC_OXX_I9505OXXFNA2_549230_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5″.
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Start your phone in download mode (Home + Power + Volume down), then Volume up button.
- Connect your phone to PC and wait until you get a sign in Odin
- Click start and wait a few minutes.
- This firmware is a Pre-release build of Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Flash this leaked firmware at your OWN risk. We are not responsible if you brick your phone.
- This firmware will NOT increase your binary counter nor KNOX warranty.