Tethering turn your smart mobile phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot and allows you to share your mobile phone’s 3G or 4G data connection with other smart phones, computers or any other devices via WLAN.
you need to configure your mobile phone by setting up your mobile for internet connection first before starting.
- Enable mobile data : Settings > Data usage and check Mobile data box.
- Go to : Settings > Connection > More networks > Tethering and portable hotspot > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Configure then give a name to “Network SSID” ex : Galaxy-S4.
- If you would like to share your connection without password,
Choose Open in security section
- If you would like to protect your hotspot with password,
Choose WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK in security section.
- Press Save
- Press the indicator next to “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” to activate it.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the other device which will connect to your Wi-Fi hotspot
- Search and Select your network name ex : Galaxy-S4
- Put the password which is created for your connection and enjoy your Wi-Fi hotspot.
Make sure to use this with proper caution, use the hotspot when you have an unlimited data plan or just make sure to limit your data usage and check it from time to time.