Upgrading Samsung galaxy device by Kies is the official way to update your device to the latest firmware.
You can use this way to update Samsung galaxy devices by Kies to latest update, if your device can’t receive OTA update or if it display “no update available” while trying to manually update it by clicking “Check for updates”.
- Installed Samsung Kies software on your PC
- Charged Samsung galaxy device (more than 60%)
- USB cable
- Updating your galaxy device by Samsung Kies will not delete your data, but it’s recommended to backup your important data before starting this process.
- Put your device in flight mode.
- Connect your galaxy device to PC by using USB cable
- Launch Samsung Kies software and wait until it detect your device
- If Samsung has pushed an update to your device, Kies will display a pop up message about a new firmware is available
- Click update and if Kies doesn’t display a pop up message, you will see “New firmware is available” click on Firmware upgrade to start updating.
- Kies will display a caution message, just mark the check box, allow saving or do not (up to you) and click Start upgrade.
- Kies will download some files to prepare firmware upgrade (it will take a few seconds) so please wait.
- Kies will start downloading the whole firmware file (be patient because it will take long time).
- Your galaxy device will boot into download (Odin) mode, and it will start installing the downloaded firmware.
- DON’T disconnect the cable until the upgrade is complete.
- Click OK after Kies display “Firmware upgrade completed”.
- Your device will reboot automatically after firmware installed successfully.
Congratulation you have upgraded your device to the latest firmware.
- Samsung Kies 2 & Kies 3 Link