Right now, you can update LG G2 device to the latest Android version 4.4.2 KiKat and enjoy all the new features and performance of the KitKat, Today we will provide you a full guide step by step to successfully upgrade your device easily without any problem, just make sure you have read and understood all instructions before starting this process.
Pre-Flash Requirements :
- Backup all your data.
- Disable any security or Anti-virus software on your PC.
- Your LG G2 must be charged (at least 60%).
- This Guide will work for all versions Except the AT&T version.
- Download and install LG USB driver
- Download and install LG mobile support tool (internet connection is required to complete installation), it will launch automatically after installation is done, so please CLOSE IT.
- Download and Extract Flash Tool.
- Download stock *.kdz firmware file for your specific device.
- Windows PC connected to internet connection.
- Original USB cable
All download links are provided below.
Steps of flashing LG G2 with a *.kdz firmware file :
- Go to Flash Tool folder and double click Windows Enabler (you will see an icon next to time and date in taskbar, click on this icon, it will change to on)
- Run Up TestEX as administrator
- Choose 3GQCT in Select Type section (top left)
- Choose DIAG in PhoneMode section(top right)
- In Select kdz file section, Click on folder icon and browse to the downloaded stock firmware *.kdz file.
- Turn off your device completely, Put it into download mode (press and hold Vol up button + connect your device to PC via USB cable till you see download mode screen).
Now your device is ready for installing the firmware.
- Click on Normal web upgrade test (bottom right) NOT Start Upgrade.
- It will open a new window, Click on Upgrade Start button (internet connection is required).Another window will pop up, Leave Country section (Korea) and Choose English for language, then OK to proceed.Be patient and wait a few minutes until installation complete.
- After flashing, your phone will reboot automatically.
- Don’t disconnect USB cable while flashing.
- We are not responsible if you brick your phone, use this guide at your own risk.
- This won’t delete your data, but backup is important before starting any process.
- If you have any problem in launching flash tool, download and install MSXML and Microsoft .NET Framework.
- If you see any error message on PC while flashing, ignore it and keep going the process.
- This method can be used for flashing any LG device, just make sure you choose the correct firmware file for your LG model.
- You can check your current software version by going to : Settings > About phone > Software information.
- Don’t try to Stop/Disable Update Center on KitKat, Settings will FC.