The last week Verizon updated Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) to Lollipop, and finally its the turn of Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) to receive Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update the build number of that update is I545VRUGOC1.
Yes its the time to get all the goods of that update but if you update your device to Lollipop, you will lose root access if your device was rooted and you will not be able to downgrade anymore to Android KitKat in case of you don’t like the Lollipop update, today we will show you how to update and keep root Verizon galaxy S4 (I545) on Android Lollipop + you will be able to downgrade I545 from Lollipop OC1 to KitKat.
- Rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 (I545) on Android KitKat, please don’t try it on any other model (If your device isn’t rooted, you can root it using towelroot App after downgrading to NC5 firmware Caution!: do NOT downgrade to NC5 if you took the OC1 OTA update).
- Latest version of FlashFire App.
- I545 [OC1] stock rooted Lollipop ROM file, Mirror.
- Make sure your phone is charged (at least 30%).
- Download and Install FlashFire App.
- Download “I545_OC1_Stock_Rooted_ROM_wNK4_BL.zip” file to your device or ext-sdcard (make sure you have enough storage).
- Open SuperSu App, go to the app settings and check Enable su during boot option.
- Launch FlashFire App, Grant, then accept Terms and Conditions by pressing AGREE.
- Press Add Button to display Actions menu.
- From the displayed menu Choose Flash Zip or OTA.
- Navigate to select the downloaded zip file “I545_OC1_Stock_Rooted_ROM_wNK4_BL.zip”.
- Make certain that Auto-mount is not selected, then press the checkmark.
- From the main screen, Press the Add Button to choose Wipe.
- Select all (System data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, and Cache partition) except Internal storage then hit the checkmark.
- Arrange actions on the main screen of FlashFire App to the following order, rearrange it by tapping and holding the actions:
1st ⇒ Wipe.
2nd⇒ Flash ZIP or OTA Finally Press.
- Make sure EverRoot is disabled and Reboot set to be Normal.
- Press Flash Button then Ok to start flashing stock rooted Lollipop ROM.
Your device will take a little bit longer time to flash and reboot, so please be patient
Once complete your device will reboot and pause on the Verizon splash screen for about 2 – 3 minutes before completely rebooting.
Enjoy !, Now your I545 Verizon galaxy S4 is running on Android Lollipop OC1 update without losing root access.