S-OFF and UnLock Verizon HTC One M8 Bootloader is key to open your phone, flash, tweaks, replacing the Sense ROM, covert your GSM, playing around your phone and more.
If you don’t know what S-OFF (security off) mean, it disables hardware write protection on HTC devices, letting you modify stuff that you wouldn’t normally be able to modify. Some devices come with S-OFF, and other models are S-ON.
S-OFF allows you to install custom recovery images and different custom ROMs to be loaded.
- Temp-rooted Verizon HTC One M8 using weaksauce How to Root Verizon HTC One M8 and M7 [WeakSauce].
- Windows, Mac or Linux PC.
- Installed ADB How to Install ADB, Fastboot and Drivers in Few Seconds.
- HTC Sync Manager software.
- Disable your phone’s security (PINs, Pattern Locks, passwords, etc)
- Install HTC Sync Manager on your PC, then remove it (it will install the needed driver package)
- Make sure Fast boot isn’t checked Settings > Power
- Enable USB Debugging Setting > Developer options
To show Developer options under settings, go to : Settings > About > Software information > More > Tap 7 times on Build number.
- Plug in USB cable to your phone and computer.
- go to firewater website to download firewater file.
- Copy the downloaded file “firewater” and paste it into adb folder
- In adb folder, Hold “shift” key + right click in empty place and choose “Open command windows here”
- Follow the commands in firewater website to complete the process.
After that you can check the security status of your phone by booting your device into fastboot mode turn off > press and hold power and volume down.
Source : 1