T-Mobile has updated their galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T) model to the amazing Android 5.0 Lollipop and in this tutorial we will show you step-by-step how to root T-Mobile Note 3 on Lollipop 5.0 update using CF-Auto-Root method thanks to chainfire easily without deleting any file of your data.
- Update your Note 3 (SM-N900T) to Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
- Backup your important files to your PC or ext-sdcard in case of this process corrupt your data.
- Charge it before starting, the battery shouldn’t be less than 15%.
- Download Cf-auto-root file FILE for (SM-N900T) model.
- Download and install Samsung USB driver.
- End Process for (Kies.exe, KiesPDLR.exe, and KiesTrayAgent.exe) from “Task Manager” if you have Samsung Kies installed on your PC.
- This rooting method will cancel the warranty of your device.
- Rooting using cf-auto-root method is completely safe and will not wipe your data but you have to use it at your own risk.
- Flashing CF-Auto-Root file will trip your KNOX to 0x1.
- Unzip the downloaded “CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.zip” file.
- Right click on Odin3 tool to Run it as administrator.
- Click the PDA button and navigate to the unzipped cf auto root folder, select “CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.tar.md5” file.
- Turn off your device to boot it into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons together until you see a warning screen, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your TMO Note 3 to the computer via USB cable, if the driver was installed on your PC Odin3 will turn ID:COM box into blue light and display Added in Message box.
- Now click the Start button in Odin3, it will not take more than 30 seconds.
- Don’t disconnect your device until your phone restarts and you see a PASS! or RESET! in Odin3.
- After rebooting automatically 2 times, your device will take a long time than usual in the first booting up only and you should find SuperSU APP installed on your device.
- Before opening SuperSU App go to Google Play store and check for update.
- Open SuperSU App and accept if it ask you to update the su binary normally.
- SuperSU will detect Samsung KNOX, hit OK to disable it, if it takes more than 2 minutes in disabling KNOX reboot your device then open SuperSU for the last time to disable it.
That’s it, you have successfully root T-Mobile Note 3 on Lollipop 5.0 update, to make sure that your device is rooted, install “Root Checker” App from Google Play store and check root.