Rooting your android device is a great thing which allow you to control all of your device, you can delete bloatware, modify system files, …etc.
In this post we bring to you a great method to root LG G3, LG G2, LG G Flex 2, LG L90, LG L60, almost all LG devices on Android Lollipop, it works also for Nexus 5 on Android 5.1 Lollipop without unlocking bootloader + no data lose 🙂
Its a little complicate method but if you follow all steps you will see that its too easy,
Lets see how it work …
- LG G3, LG G2, LG Flex, Nexus 5, …
- Windows PC, USB cable, and USB driver installed on your PC
- LG_Root.zip FILE.
- Concentrated brain for 5 minutes.
- Extract the downloaded root file “LG_Root.zip” to the desktop.
- Enable USB debugging on your device, by going to: Settings > About phone > Software information and tap Build number 6 times until it display “You are now a developer” for Nexus 5 you can find Build number by going to: Settings > About phone hit back button to go to the main screen of settings, now you will see a new option “Developer Options” open it to enable “USB debugging”.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Back to the computer hold “Shift ↑” key and right click a blank space in the same directory of the extracted files, choose “Open command window here” from the drop down menu.
- Paste the following cmd in the cmd window then hit “Enter ↵” key.
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
Don’t close the cmd window.
- Disconnect your device and shut it down.
- Put your device in download mode by pressing and keep holding volume up button, reconnect your device to PC via USB cable and when you see “Firmware Update” screen release volume up button.
- Wait until windows install the required USB driver.
- Now you need to know your device is connected to which COM port number to your PC as DIAG, you can check it by:
– Double click “ports.bat” file
– OR, Go to: Control Panel > Device Manager then check your device under “Ports (COM & LPT)”
- Back to cmd window step 5 and type the following cmd then hit Enter (replace xx with your COM port number):
- Type the following cmd to run root script:
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
- Close the command window because your device now is rooted, Press and hold power button to reboot your device.
Now smile and check if you have SuperSu installed on your device’s app drawer.
You found it, no? 🙂 Congratulation you successfully root LG G3, LG G2, LG Flex, … and LG Nexus 5 also on Android Lollipop with lock or unlocked bootloader device without losing any data.