Did you update your phone to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat and searching for a simple and easy way to root the LG G2 without losing data, then you are in the right article.
Root LG G2 on Android 4.4.2 allows you to install third party apps that require root permission, you can also uninstall bloatware, install a custom recovery and more …
- Download and install LG USB driver on your PC.
- Download the latest ioroot.zip file and extract it.
- Windows, Linux or Mac PC.
- Original USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone (Settings > General > developer options > USB debugging)
- Put your phone into airplane mode.
- Charge your phone
- For windows : Open ioroot folder and double click on root.bat file.For Linux : cd into IOroot folder -> chmod +x root.sh -> ./root.sh
For Mac : cd into /IOroot/mac folder -> chmod +x root.sh -> ./root.sh
- Connect your phone to PC and set USB connection mode to Charge mode, and Ethernet for Verizon users.
- Press Enter key to start rooting.
- A popup message will ask you to allow USB debugging, Mark “Always from this computer” check box, then hit OK.
- Your LG G2 will reboot into recovery mode
- In recovery mode press volume down to highlight Apply update from ADB and confirm it by pressing on power button.
- Press Enter, then Enter to continue.
- Choose reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Now your LG G2 is rooted on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and you should find SuperSU app on your phone’s app drawer.
- Rooting will void your phone’s warranty, so make sure that you really want to do this before proceeding.
- There is no data loss during this process, however to be safe perform a backup of your files before starting.
- This procedure is safe, but we can’t guarantee that it’s 100% safe, so use this at your own risk.
source : 1