Android 5.0 Lollipop has sent for the LTE-A version of Samsung galaxy S4 (GT-I9506) which gives the new lollipop interface for that model, after upgrading to Lollipop update you will lose root access if your device was rooted.
If you are searching a way to root it we will provide you step by step how to root galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506) using the well-known cf auto root method without losing your data.
- Charged Samsung galaxy S4 (GT-I9506) at least 30%.
- CF-Auto-Root file credits goes to chainefire.
- USB cable, USB driver and Windows PC.
- Download, extract all the required files and install Samsung USB driver in case it wasn’t installed on your computer.
- Right click on Odin3 vX.XX.exe and run it as administrator.
- Click on “PDA” button and browse “CF-Auto-Root-ks01lte-ks01ltexx-gti9506.tar.md5” file.
- Shut down your phone and reboot it into download mode by pressing and holding on 3 buttons (vol down+home+power) until your device turn on a special screen then press on vol up to continue.
- Use the USB cable to connect your phone to the computer you will see a sign in Odin3 which mean your device is detected and ready to go if you don’t see any sign make sure you have installed the USB driver or reinstall it.
- If everything is OK hit the start button in Odin3 and wait until your phone automatically reboot.
- Disconnect your device after Odin3 display PASS! or RESET!
Don’t be worry if your mobile reboot into a red android logo screen that’s mean everything is going well, The first time after rebooting might take a few minutes normal than usual.
Keep in mind that this root method will void the warranty
Latest steps :
- Go to Google play store and check if there is a new update for SuperSU app.
- Open SuperSU to update “su binary” and disable KNOX notification.
Now you can enjoy the root access on your Samsung galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506) on Android 5.0 Lollipop.