You might be one of users who have a Samsung galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and you might also update it to Android 5.0 Lollipop to see the big changing of the Lollipop update on the UI and performance. but Android 5.0 update without root mean more bloatware, battery drain, no tweaks, …
In this post we are going to show you how to root galaxy S4 I9505 on Lollipop 5.0 using cf-auto-root method thanks to chainfire.
After using this rooting method your device warranty will be canceled. rooting using cf-auto-root method is completely safe and will not wipe your data but you have to use it at your own risk.
- Charged Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) on Android 5.0 Lollipop at least 15%.
- Cf auto root FILE for GT-I9505.
- Installed Samsung USB driver.
- Windows PC and the original USB cable.
- Backup your data, incase of this process corrupt your files.
- Extract the downloaded cf auto root zip file using any extracting tool.
- Install Samsung USB driver on your PC.
- Launch Odin3 tool as administrator right click on Odin3 then select “Run as administrator”.
- Click on PDA and choose the CF-Auto-Root file “CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5” that you just extracted in step 2.
- Power off your mobile then put it into download mode by pressing and holding home, power and volume down buttons at the same time then press volume up to continue.
- Connect the mobile to your PC using the USB cable, If Odin3 detect the mobile, it will display the COM port number in ID: COM box and Added in message box.
- Now everything is OK and its the time to hit Start button in Odin3.
- Once the the flashing process is finished, you will see PASS! or RESET! in Odin3, you can safely disconnect your device from the PC.
- Your mobile will automatically reboot 2 times and you should see SuperSU APP on your phone App drawer after it boot normal.
- Go to Google Play store and update SuperSU Application.
- Once you open SuperSU APP it will detect Samsung KNOX, hit OK to disable KNOX notification.
Congratulation you have successfully root galaxy S4 I9505 on Lollipop 5.0, to make sure that your device is rooted, install “Root Checker” App from Google Play store and check root.