Samsung has released Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for its latest flagship Galaxy S6 edge, the update is only available right now for limited countries and it should be available for more countries and all models the next days..
Android 5.1.1 will bring a few feature to the S6 and S6 edge (better performance, support for RAW and lower ISO values via third-party camera app, ability to hide “S finder and Quick Connect”).
Downside is that if you update to Android 5.1.1 you will not be able to root it (Auto-Root isn’t compatible yet with Android 5.1.1) or downgrade to Android 5.0.2.
In this post we will show you how to update to Android 5.1.1 without losing the possibility to downgrade to Android 5.0.2.
- This will NOT wipe your data, but its recommended to create a backup for the important files before starting.
- Make sure you downloaded the the right file for your device’s model number. Check the model number by going to your phone Settings > About device > Model number.
- Use the firmware file and follow this tutorial at your own risk.
- Fingerprint sensor will stop working on Android 5.1.1 (you can restore it by downgrading to 5.0.2 or by flashing the 5.1.1 stock firmware file).
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge on Android 5.0.2 lollipop with at least 30% battery.
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, do NOT use any other file.
– G925F: G925FXXU2BOFJ, mirror
– G925T: G925TUVU2COF6
– G925R4: G925R4TYU2BOF7, mirror
- Odin3 v3.10 flashing tool.
- Samsung USB driver installed on your computer and USB cable.
- Download and unzip “G925xx.._Downgradable.zip” file (Odin3 v3.10 is included).
- Right click Odin3.exe tool and run it as administrator.
- Click the AP button and navigate to the extracted “G925xx.._ZiDroid.com.tar.md5” firmware file wait until it load in odin.
- Turn off your device and make sure its completely off.
- Put it into download/odin mode by pressing and holding the Vol Down + Home + Power buttons togother until you see a warning message screen Now you have to press Vol Up to continue to the download mode screen.
- Plugin your device to the computer via USB cable
- If you have USB driver installed on your PC you will see Added!! in odin3’s message box and the ID:COM box will turn blue. If not please reinstall Samsung USB driver.
- If everything is OK click Odin3’s Start button to start the process.
- Don’t touch your device and wait a few minutes until the process finish.
- Once finished your phone will reboot automatically and Odin3 will display PASS!.
- You can safely unplug your phone from the computer.
- The first boot will take a little longer than usual.
Now you have successfully installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge without losing the possibility to downgrade to Android 5.0.2.