As all know, after upgrading LG G2 devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, there is no way to install custom recovery. But finally the developer “Cloudyfa” has made it happened by installing an APK app which will do all the work and will install TWRP custom recovery in few steps on your LG G2.
- Rooted LG G2 running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
[Guide] How to Root LG G2 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
How to Flash/Update LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Manually
- AutoRec.apk app for your device’s model.
- Connect your phone to wifi or mobile data
- Download AutoRec.apk (≈ 32 MB) app for your device’s model Make sure you choose the right model.
- Install AutoRec app like any other APK file You might need to mark the check box of “Unknown sources“.
- Open AutoRec app and grant root permission to continue.
- It will display a warning message “Modifying partitions is dangerous and we won’t take any responsibility for possible damages you or the app may do to your system. Please use at your own risk.”
Tap on “Yes” to continue
- Tap on “Flash recovery” to install TWRP custom recovery Don’t touch your phone while flashing.
- After finishing installation, it will display “Recovery installed succesfully. You may now reboot to recovery“
Nothing more, you can check the installed custom recovery on your LG G2 by tapping on “To recovery“.
Now you have installed custom recovery for LG G2 enjoy flashing zip files, MODs and Tweaks and custom ROMs.
Source : 1