Google has just released a new preview build Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. its still not official which will be released later of November.
The preview build come with some of the new feature and more changes that will be included on the official build of Android 5.0 Lollipop. Today we will show you step-by-step how to install that preview on your Nexus 5 manually, you can also follow this tutorial to install Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 7 (2013).
- Unlocked Nexus 5 or 7 (2013) bootloader device running any rom to unlock your nexus bootloader visit this link.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Preview Image
- Installed fastboot and drivers for Nexus devices
- Computer and USB cable.
Flashing Steps :
Backup all your data if your device bootloader was locked ex: contacts, messages, music, … this proceed will delete all.
- Install ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Download Android 5.0 Lollipop Preview Image for your device Nexus 5 or Nexus 7.
- Extract the downloaded file into “adb” folder “C” drive.
- Turn off your device to boot into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode Press and hold on volume down + power button.
- Connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Double click on “flash-all.bat” for Windows PC “flash-all.sh” for Mac and Linux.
This will flash the new Lollipop 5.0 images, give this about 10 minutes to flash all files and your device will reboot to the Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Nexus device.
Disclaimer : Try this on your own risk.