Call recording is a missing feature for Samsung galaxy devices specially after updating to Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
This method will enable the hidden native call recording feature on different models of Samsung galaxy S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4 and almost any Samsung galaxy mobile phone running on Android Lollipop, KitKat, or Jelly bean.
In this post we will show you how to enable call recording on galaxy phones, by adding the “Record” button instead of the (+) “Add call” button in calling screen.
Call recording isn’t legal in some countries because its illegal to record the call without explicit permission from the other party, so that Samsung doesn’t add this feature to all countries and its limited only for few countries, So make sure to check your country or stat’s law before enabling this feature to your device.
- If you use (+) “Add call” feature, don’t follow this guide because you will not have it after applying the changes to your device.
- However this guide is extremely easy, you have to follow this tutorial at your own risk.
- Rooted Samsung galaxy S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, or any galaxy device.
- Installed any root explorer allows you to edit system files (ES File Explorer is recommended).
- Not more than 5 minutes from your time.
- Open “ES File Explorer” and press on the top left icon.
- Press Tools then choose Root Explorer.
- Hit Mount R/W, change Path “/” and “/system” from RO to RW then press OK.
- Once you press OK Superuser will ask for root permission hit GRANT.
- Press the top left icon, hit Local, choose / Device.
- Go to: system > csc
- Find “others.xml” file (Some devices doesn’t have “others.xml” you might find “feature.xml” file instead) to take backup before modifying it.
- Now open “others.xml” file (or “feature.xml”) as text in “ES Note Editor”.
- Press on the top right icon (3 dot) and choose Edit.
- Search the following lines (at the end):
- Create a new line and paste the following line (AS ONE LINE) BEFORE the previous lines (NO SPACES):
- Hit the back button then press Yes to save the file.
- Save the changes to “others.xml” file (or “feature.xml”) then Reboot, to apply the changes on your device.
Once you restart your device you can check the record button by receiving or making a call, you will have 2 options Start and Stop recording in calling screen.
The saved recording files will be saved to “voices” or “call” folder in the internal storage.
You can revert the changes that you applied to your device at anytime by restoring the backup file step 7 or by deleting the created line step 11.