Installing TWRP custom recovery on your LG G4 handset is the next step after unlocking your device’s bootloader How to Officially Unlock LG G4 Bootloader [H815]. Official TWRP recovery allows you to backups/restore the whole data/system/efs, flash custom ROM’s, install .zip mods, root, and much more.
In this post we will guide you how to flash/install TWRP recovery on LG G4.
- Adb and fastboot installed on your computer. Get it by following our guide on how to install adb and fastboot in few seconds.
- LG G4 device with unlocked bootloader. Unlock your device’s bootloader by following our guide on how to officially unlock LG G4 bootloader.
- TWRP custom recovery image file or file, its available only for model number H815, do NOT try on any other model.
- LG driver installed on your PC and USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging go to Settings > About phone > Software info, tap Build number 7 times until you see “You are now a developer”, Return to Settings screen, Tap Developer options, then enable USB debugging.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Go to fastboot and adb folder then open a command window. To open command window hold Shift key + right click on an empty area, then click Open new command window here.
- Type the following command (make sure your device’s screen is unlocked, tap OK once you see “allow USB debugging”):
If you have trouble connecting the adb server change connection protocol from MTP to PTP.
- Copy the downloaded recovery image to “adb” directory then rename it to “twrp.img“.
- Once your device reboot in bootloader mode, type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Reboot your phone normally by typing:
Now you have TWRP custom recovery installed on your LG G4.
How to boot LG G4 into TWRP recovery mode?
- Power off your device, make sure its completely off.
- Press and hold Volume down and Power buttons until LG logo appear, once appeared release Power button just for 1 second then hold it again.
- A white screen will appear use Volume up/down to select and Power to confirm your choice, Don’t select Yes if you don’t have custom recovery installed on your device, stock recovery will factory reset your device and you will lose all your data, Press Yes to continue to TWRP recovery screen.
- OR try our guide on how to boot into download, boorloader, recovery mode via adb command.