For some reasons, while trying to update your Samsung galaxy device by Samsung Kies or Odin3, your phone stuck at screen which display “Firmware upgrade encountered issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again“.
This always happened if something goes wrong while updating/downgrading your device and every time you try to boot your device up it will display this error.
In this guide we will show you how to fix this error and unbrick your device.
Warning ! : This process will delete all data on the internal storage of your device.
- Installed Samsung Kies software
- Charged Samsung galaxy device.
- USB cable
- S/N (Serial Number) of your device (you can find it under the battery)
- Disable your antivirus software.
- Launch Samsung Kies software and go to : Tools > Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.
- Type your device model number (enable caps lock) and click OK.
- Type S/N (Serial Number) of your device and OK.
- Kies will ask you to upgrade your device to the latest software version press OK.
- The firmware version will displayed and note you that “All settings will be initialized, and stored data will be deleted” press OK.
- Wait until Kies download some files to prepare for firmware upgrade (it will take a few seconds).
- Put your device into download mode (vol down + home + power) button then vol up to continue.
- Mark the check box and allow saving or do not (up to you).
- Connect your galaxy phone to PC by USB cable and click Start upgrade.
- Kies will start downloading firmware file (be patient because it will take long time, depend on your network connection speed).
- DON’T disconnect your device during this process.
- Click OK after Kies display “Emergency recovery of firmware completed”.
Congratulation you have successfully restored your phone.