If you own a Samsung galaxy S6 or S6 edge, then you have listened about battery drain and deep sleep issue, don’t worry this problem exists only on some devices that have been rooted using Auto-Root method or installed TWRP custom recovery.
You don’t know if your device is affected by this issue or not? download and install “3C CPU Manager” application, in the first tab (CPU), you can check Up time VS the actual Sleep time, if you have “0” sleep time that’s mean your device is affected by deep sleep issue.
We have a good news for you, you can fix it easily now and there is two method for how to fix battery drain and deep sleep issue on your Samsung galaxy S6 and galaxy S6 edge.
Method 1 (if you do/don’t have custom recovery installed on your device):
- Install Android terminal emulator App on your device.
- Open Terminal Emulator and type:
- Grant permissions.
- After that copy/paste the following lines:
mount -o rw,remount /system /system
chmod 0700 /system/su.d
echo "#!/tmp-mksh/tmp-mksh" > /system/su.d/000000deepsleep
echo "echo 'temporary none' > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:1/cache_type" >> /system/su.d/000000deepsleep
echo "echo 'temporary none' > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:2/cache_type" >> /system/su.d/000000deepsleep
chmod 0700 /system/su.d/000000deepsleep
- Hit enter or reboot manually your device to apply the fix.
Method 2 (if you have custom recovery installed on your device):
- Samsung galaxy S6/S6 edge.
- “Galaxy S6 deep sleep fix flashable zip” file.
- Download “UPDATE-S6-DeepSleepFix.zip” file to your device storage (ex: download folder).
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- On the main screen, press Install option.
- Navigate and select the downloaded zip file step1.
- Swipe to confirm flashing the file.
- At the end, Hit Reboot System.
Yes, that’s it you have successfully fixed battery drain and deep sleep issue on your Samsung galaxy S6 and galaxy S6 edge (yes it does work for all variant)